Giving Tuesday began in 2012 to counterbalance the rampant consumerism that has crept into our culture with the shopping frenzy known as “Black Friday.”
Donations to good causes are appropriate! We hope you make some!
We also encourage you to “Light the way” to a gentler world by making a gift of human kindness!
Here are six things you can do to Light the Way on Giving Tuesday, or any day.
If you do any of these, let us know about it by leaving a comment below—but don’t tell us what you did. That should remain your secret. Tell us, please, what your act of kindness did for you: your heart, your spirit, your day.
- Plug a quarter in someone’s parking meter.
- Visit an elderly relative or neighbor.
- Let someone else have that parking spot at the mall.
- Pay it forward at a drive through.
- Smile at the cashier.
- Respond to the Dominican Sisters “Light the Way” Christmas appeal next week!
Thanks for making a gentler, kinder world!