Please contact our HR Director, Cora Hughes for more details about current employment opportunities.
Apply in person or leave your résumé with the front switchboard located at 1237 W. Monroe St. Springfield, IL 62704.
Dominican Sisters of Springfield, Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment background check and drug test are mandatory. Questions? Contact our HR Director, Cora Hughes
Part-time Evening Shift CNA
Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse, the Certified Nurse Assistant provides quality nursing care to Sisters, at all times maintaining a Person-Directed focus, reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor, responds to inquiries or requests for assistance. The job tasks are subject to change related to the needs of the Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides quality nursing care to Sisters in an environment which promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality
- Attends to the individual needs of the Sisters which may include assistance with all aspects of daily living.
- Knows the Sister’s preferences and includes in the plan of care; documented in the Kardex
- Promptly reports to the charge nurse any incidents/accidents, evidence of abuse, or violations of Residents’ Rights
- Observes the Sisters for changes in condition or behavior and promptly reports these changes to appropriate Nursing personnel
- Provides care that maintains Sisters skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears and other damage by providing incontinent care, turning, repositioning, etc.
- Lifts, moves and transports Sisters, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention
- Answers Sisters calls promptly and courteously
- Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse including vital signs, weights, etc.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, neat, and clean environment; reports environmental deficiencies such as lighting or equipment problems to the charge nurse or Maintenance
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures
- Protects the personal belongings of the Sisters, promptly reporting missing items and
- participates in efforts to locate missing items
- Assists and escorts Sisters to the dining area, chapel, etc.
- Completes certified nursing assistant records documenting care provided or other information according to department policies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the individualized plan of care for the Sisters
- Knowledge of all aspects of Resident Rights
- Skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines: telephone, mechanical lifts, electronic scales, bather equipment, adjustable chairs/beds, wheel/geri-chairs, nurse call system, dishwasher, washer and dryer, and humidifiers
- Ability to uphold the mission, vision and values of the Dominican Sisters of Springfield, Illinois
- Ability to assist with lifting, positioning, and transferring of the Sisters
- Ability to uphold and maintain confidentiality
- High school graduate or equivalent and/or vocational training
- Certification as a nurse assistant in a recognized program and successful completion with ‘PASS’ on the State Competency Examination within 4 months of hire date
Part-time Weekend Dietary Aide
Under the supervision of the Director of Food Services, the dietary aide will provide assistance to the cooks with preparation of service and foods. All dietary job tasks are subject to change related to the needs of the Food Services Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares food carts and unload dish carts; takes food carts to nursing department and Sienna Hall. Also assist with nursing staff.
- Prepares breakfast and supper cold section
- Maintains and replenish drink dispensers
- Restocks condiments, package containers, and salt and pepper shakers
- Sets up industrial dishwasher, records dishwasher temperatures, and up-keeps maintenance
- Washes cooking equipment
- Assists Sisters with food trays
- Maintains rotation of inventory and fulfill stocking needs
- Maintains rotation of glassware and plates
- Cleans floors and takes trash out at the end of the day.
- Updates evening and weekend check lists as necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Knowledge of knives
- Knowledge of dry and wet cup measurements
- Knowledge of basic kitchen supplies
- Knowledge of dietary restrictions
- Knowledge of basic food products
- Skills of basic math concepts and to compute fractions
- Ability to uphold Dominican Sisters mission, vision, and values
- Ability to verbally communicate with coworkers, leadership, and with Sisters
EDUCATION AND MINIMAL REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalence required or GED within 6 months of hire date or to be current within a school work program
- Sanitation Certificate preferred