Start Your Career at Sacred Heart Convent Today!
Apply in person during business hours at
Sacred Heart Convent
1237 W. Monroe Street
Springfield, IL 62704
Or Complete the online application here. This form can be used to apply for all advertised positions.
Full-Time Days, Part-Time Evenings, and PRN
- Full-Time Day Shift CNA – at least 64 hours per pay period (which is considered full-time), includes every other weekend rotation (not optional), must be Certified.
- Part-Time Evening Shift CNA – part-time hours to start, but could stretch to full-time.
Join our team in this caring, collaborative, and safe environment!
Plenty of PPE
Part-time and full-time positions
Part-time Dietary Aide
(THREE Positions Available)
Under the supervision of the Director of Food Services, the dietary aide will provide assistance to the cooks with preparation of service and foods. All dietary job tasks are subject to change related to the needs of the Food Services Department. Must be at least 16 years old, no experience necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares food carts and unload dish carts; takes food carts to nursing department and Sienna Hall. Also assist with nursing staff.
- Prepares breakfast and supper cold section
- Maintains and replenish drink dispensers
- Restocks condiments, package containers, and salt and pepper shakers
- Sets up industrial dishwasher, records dishwasher temperatures, and up-keeps maintenance
- Washes cooking equipment
- Assists Sisters with food trays
- Maintains rotation of inventory and fulfill stocking needs
- Maintains rotation of glassware and plates
- Cleans floors and takes trash out at the end of the day.
- Updates evening and weekend check lists as necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Knowledge of knives
- Knowledge of dry and wet cup measurements
- Knowledge of basic kitchen supplies
- Knowledge of dietary restrictions
- Knowledge of basic food products
- Skills of basic math concepts and to compute fractions
- Ability to uphold Dominican Sisters mission, vision, and values
- Ability to verbally communicate with coworkers, leadership, and with Sisters
EDUCATION AND MINIMAL REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalence required or GED within 6 months of hire date or to be current within a school work program
- Sanitation Certificate preferred
The Dominican Sisters of Springfield is seeking a part time Archives Assistant. The assistant will have the opportunity to engage in historical research, as well as assist in digital preservation and records management initiatives.
Job Type: Permanent
Position will be 24 hours a week between Monday and Friday.
- Arrange and describe a series of DSOS archival files, performing minor conservation treatment as needed
- Process archival records according to current archival best practices
- Create Finding aids using archival standards
- Assist in making archived materials accessible to a wide range of users
- Assist in records management initiatives
- Work with the Archivist to implement at least two to three physical exhibit per calendar year
- Assist in fulfilling Reference request from researchers
- Assist in updating sister files (ensure preservation and maintain privacy and confidentiality of records)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Prior library, archives and/or museum experience required.
- Good English writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced research skills.
- Good organizational skills essential.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision after initial training period.
- Capacity for learning Archival database software
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 40 lbs.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Maira Herrera at email@example.com