Start Your Career at Sacred Heart Convent Today!
Communications and Advancement Specialist
This is a full-time, entry-level position. The right candidate will have high-level writing skills, expertise with donor management and email marketing software, experience with photography, social media and graphic design, and energy for collaboration with diverse teammates. Qualified individuals should email resume to Cora Hughes with the subject line, CAS Position. A portfolio and an impromptu writing sample will be required upon mutual interest. Salary is commensurate with applicable experience. Download job description here.
We are looking for a full-time music minister/ liturgist to enhance daily worship, and prayer life, and direct funeral rites and special liturgies throughout the Christian Liturgical Year. Flexible hours with four days off in a two-week pay period.
We offer competitive salary with great benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Pension, 403(b), Employee Assistance Program, PTO. WE are looking for a person experienced in accompanying a worshipping community, good working knowledge of Christian liturgy, keyboard skills (piano and organ), organizational and communication skills, preferably a college degree or certification in theology or liturgy, See below for more details.
The Springfield Dominicans are looking for a full-time music minister/ liturgist to enhance their daily worship, prayer life, and direct funeral rites and special liturgies throughout the Christian Liturgical Year. Flexible hours with four days off in a two-week pay period.
Competitive salary with great benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Pension, 403(b), Employee Assistance Program, PTO
How is this role different from a parish musician?
An important aspect of the prayer life of the Dominican Sisters is the daily Eucharist and praying of the psalms in the Liturgy of the Hours (Morning and Evening Prayer).
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications needed:
Experience in accompanying a worshipping community, good working knowledge of Christian liturgy, keyboard skills (piano and organ), organizational and communication skills, preferably a college degree or certification in theology or liturgy, interest in working in an environment with women religious, an ability to climb stairs. See job description.
We are accepting applications until position is filled. Applicants who demonstrate potential for the position will be invited to an initial interview; a second interview will be offered to those who qualify, to demonstrate music skills on piano and organ.
Please send application documents to:
Attention: Sr. Margaret Schreiber, OP
Sacred Heart Convent
1237 W. Monroe St.
Phone: (217) 787-0481
CNAs & RNs
Full-Time Evening, Part-Time Evenings, and PRN
- Full-Time Evening Shift CNA – at least 64 hours per pay period (which is considered full-time), includes every other weekend rotation (not optional).
- Part-Time Evening Shift CNA – part-time hours to start, but could stretch to full-time.
- Full-Time Evening Shift RN - at least 64 hours per pay period (which is considered full-time), includes every other weekend rotation (not optional).
Join our team in this caring, collaborative, and safe environment!
Plenty of PPE
Part-time and full-time positions
Part-time Dietary Aide
(THREE Positions Available)
Under the supervision of the Director of Food Services, the dietary aide will provide assistance to the cooks with preparation of service and foods. All dietary job tasks are subject to change related to the needs of the Food Services Department. Must be at least 16 years old, no experience necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares food carts and unload dish carts; takes food carts to nursing department and Sienna Hall. Also assist with nursing staff.
- Prepares breakfast and supper cold section
- Maintains and replenish drink dispensers
- Restocks condiments, package containers, and salt and pepper shakers
- Sets up industrial dishwasher, records dishwasher temperatures, and up-keeps maintenance
- Washes cooking equipment
- Assists Sisters with food trays
- Maintains rotation of inventory and fulfill stocking needs
- Maintains rotation of glassware and plates
- Cleans floors and takes trash out at the end of the day.
- Updates evening and weekend check lists as necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
- Knowledge of knives
- Knowledge of dry and wet cup measurements
- Knowledge of basic kitchen supplies
- Knowledge of dietary restrictions
- Knowledge of basic food products
- Skills of basic math concepts and to compute fractions
- Ability to uphold Dominican Sisters mission, vision, and values
- Ability to verbally communicate with coworkers, leadership, and with Sisters
EDUCATION AND MINIMAL REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalence required or GED within 6 months of hire date or to be current within a school work program
- Sanitation Certificate preferred
The Dominican Sisters of Springfield is seeking a part time Archives Assistant. The assistant will have the opportunity to engage in historical research, as well as assist in digital preservation and records management initiatives.
Job Type: Permanent
Position will be 24 hours a week between Monday and Friday.
- Arrange and describe a series of DSOS archival files, performing minor conservation treatment as needed
- Process archival records according to current archival best practices
- Create Finding aids using archival standards
- Assist in making archived materials accessible to a wide range of users
- Assist in records management initiatives
- Work with the Archivist to implement at least two to three physical exhibit per calendar year
- Assist in fulfilling Reference request from researchers
- Assist in updating sister files (ensure preservation and maintain privacy and confidentiality of records)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Prior library, archives and/or museum experience required.
- Good English writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced research skills.
- Good organizational skills essential.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision after initial training period.
- Capacity for learning Archival database software
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 40 lbs.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Maira Herrera at email@example.com