What you can do
Help our brothers and sisters in India who are promoting peace and an end to violence and exploitation against children, women and indigenous (tribal) communities.
- Pray each day for the Dominican Family in India and for the people who suffer and those who work to alleviate their pain, especially:*For women and the wisdom, courage, and strength they need to challenge violence and exploitation.
*For those who have been trafficked in the past, that they find healing and new life in the days to come.
- Join us at Sacred Heart Convent Chapel on December 8 at 6 pm for Evening Prayer with preaching by Sister Sharon Zayac, OP.
- Learn more about India, its history, its people, and life in India today.
- Share what you learn with others.
- Watch the Video Children for Sale: The Fight Against Child Trafficking in India. According to Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Kailash Satyrthi, more than $150 billion is earned annually in human trafficking. Over half of those trafficked are children.
- Watch "Girls' adoption and the role of women in Indian Society." Learn from Indian-born adoptee Jenna Skove about why India is the most dangerous place to be born a girl.