Sister Sharon Zayac, OP and Sister Anita Cleary, OP share about the things to experience at Jubilee Farm and how green burial shrouds are made. The Earth Awareness Fair video was produced by the City of Springfield, Illinois Mayor’s Office. Video will premiere on Thursday, April 22nd in honor of Earth Day.
What is Jubilee Farm?
A peaceful destination, a place of integrity, a home to farm animals and wildlife, an educational resource, a demonstration of living in an ecologically responsible way, an oasis for spirituality, a special gift to those who seek solace and spiritual enrichment in nature. Sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Springfield, Illinois, Jubilee Farm is a 164 acre center for ecology and spirituality located just west of Springfield, Illinois.
Our programs and services, ministry of hospitality and gently rolling expanse of grassland provide a setting where individuals and groups can nurture their spiritual and emotional growth. Come walk the land or spend time in quiet retreat. Our walking trails, outdoor labyrinth, creek and ponds offer tranquil settings for reflection.
Jubilee Farm’s programs and classes promote an understanding of our interdependent relationship to the whole of creation and offer insights into how to live more sustainably on our home planet. Our vegetable gardens and orchard produce healthy, chemical-free foods and are complemented by our classes that teach holistic and sustainable ways of eating.
We offer tours and programs for children and adults. Handmade pottery, fiber and woodworking items are for sale at our Creative Arts Center, which also has a large meeting space for groups. We also offer spiritual direction and private or directed retreats at LaCasa, which is located close to the gardens. LaCasa accommodates small group gatherings and a reading room with a lending library of books, audiovisual materials and children’s curriculums.
The Seedling Sale is Here!
The first week of the 2021 Jubilee Farm seedling sale is almost here. Our healthy seedlings are getting ready for your order!
Please study the information below which includes the process for ordering. The downloadable order form is ready for your use.
Thank you for your support of Jubilee Farm. We look forward to your call!
For those of you who have asked, these seedlings are ordinarily priced within the $4.00 range. However, with concern for all those impacted economically during this pandemic time, we are asking for a donation rather than selling our seedlings at a specific price. We want as many families as possible to enjoy our seedling flowers, herbs and vegetables, grown without chemicals! At the end of the sale we will donate any remaining seedlings to those in need.
- Sale Date begins: Thursday, April 22, 2021
- Please call 217-787-6927 to make an order using the order form.
- Hours for phone orders: 9 a.m. – 11:30. a.m. Monday – Saturday
- Next day pick up: We will have your order ready for pick up 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. the day after your order Monday – Saturday. Saturday orders will be picked up Monday. Please see the safety instructions below for picking up your order.
In order to provide for the safety and health of all concerned, please note the following:
- Orders will be taken by phone, Monday – Saturday, 9:00 am – 11:30 am. Orders will be ready for next day pick up during the same hours: 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Saturday orders will be picked up on Monday.
- Pick up will occur in a drive through manner. Customers are asked to drive into our main entrance and follow the signs to the table where the order will be labeled with customer name. A donation jar will be there for donations. Once this is finished, drivers will leave through the New Salem Church exit. (If a customer wishes to speak to a staff member, masks are required.)
- Please note: We cannot take credit card payment. We accept checks and cash but cannot give change. Make checks payable to Jubilee Farm.
We are very grateful for your support and look forward to waving to you as you drive through our seedling sale this year!