This information originally appeared on USCCB.org and has been reposted with permission.
January 1 is the World Day of Peace!
Every year on January 1, the Holy Father marks the World Day of Peace with a special message inviting all people to reflect on the important work of building peace. This year’s message is the latest in a long tradition of messages for this day that began with St. Paul VI in 1967 and continued with St. John Paul II, Pope Benedict XVI, and Pope Francis. Read more about how to pray, learn, and act with this World Day of Peace handout.
Prayers for Peace
Use these prayers and resources with your community.
- Pope Francis' Prayer for Peace | en Español
- Pope Francis' Prayer for Peace and Protection from Violence and from Terrorism | en Español
- Prayers for Peace | en español
- Prayer for Peace in Iraq
- Prayer of the Faithful for the Day of Prayer for Peace in Our Communities
- "Peace as a journey of hope: dialogue, reconciliation and ecological conversion" - Handout
- Read the text of the 2020 World Day of Peace Message | en Español
- “Good Politics is at the Service of Peace” – 2-page hand out | en Español
- Read the text of the 2019 World Day of Peace Message | en Español
- We are Salt and Light features stories of communities engaging in political work for the common good.
- Find more ways to get involved with global advocacy with CRS-Lead the Way.
- "Migrants and Refugees: Men and Women in Search of Peace" - 2 Page Handout | en Español
- Read the text of the 2018 World Day of Peace Message | en Español
- Visit the USCCB Justice for Immigrants website
- Visit ShareJourney.org, a joint initiative of USCCB, Catholic Relief Services, and Catholic Charities USA